Monday, August 25, 2008

Whats new???

Well, I know I have been emailing alot of people, but I wanted to let everyone know what is new with me here in Alaska.
school has started.... yey, about time, however, I have not actually been doing my job for the past 4 days, I have been testing 3 and 4 year olds. it was an experience that is for sure.
tomorrow (Tuesday) I leave for Barrow. However, to get to Barrow from here I must first fly to Fairbanks, so I go from the village to Fairbanks then to Barrow... fun fun
Then I will have training for 3 days in Barrow, for a special education in service, I am guessing this is where they are going to tell me how to do my job. since I really dont know. I have not done anything for special education yet, so I am sure I will find out just what I am supposed to be doing.
Then I leave Barrow on Friday and arrive back in Fairbanks. I am going to stay in Fairbanks Friday, Saturday, Sunday and return to the village on Monday. Kerri, a new hire teacher and new resident to Alaska also is going to meet me in Fairbanks and stay there with me. We are just going to make a weekend of it.
We are going to go shopping at a real walmart, and go out to eat. yey
We are also going to go on a 5 hour bus tour which I think will be awesome, I am sure I will come back with tons of pictures. I would also like to visit the ice museum and see some other things in Fairbanks. Since I have not actually been there yet, I have been in the airport for about an hour.. but thats all.....
So I will be able to enjoy my labor day weekend.
OH, DID I MENTION WE ARE GOING TO GO T A BAR AND HAVE A COUPLE DRINKS?? WELL WE ARE... YEY

Thats about all that is new with me, I will for sure post about my boring trainings and my plane rides and my weekend in Fairbanks, I will also get some pictures up... so check back often...
love ya

No comments: