Monday, November 10, 2008

Great weekend in Fairbanks

Hey everyone,
I  made it back to the village from Fairbanks.  It was a very good weekend.  We did a lot of fun stuff.  Kerri, Colby, Charlie, Teresa and myself were all able to go out and get a nice dinner.  We were also able to get some shopping done.  
Kerri and I took some time to do some sight seeing.  We crammed a lot into a little time.
We were schedule to leave Fairbanks early Friday evening, however we missed our flight.  No ones fault, it was just the way things happened.  It worked out night though, because we were able to catch another dinner out and have a few drinks.  
Then we headed to Barrow on Saturday morning for a lifeguard training.  We all passed and then caught our flight Saturday evening out of Barrow.  Arrived in Fairbanks, did our grocery shopping.  Then I went to bed, I was exhausted.  We were up early and headed to the airport early Sunday morning to return to the village.
It was a nice weekend, and nice to get out for awhile.  I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are a few.
I hope you enjoy them...
miss you all, lots of love from Alaska.





Here is a picture from the bush plane out of the village.  It was a clear sunny day when we flew out, so I was able to get a few pictures of the mountains and ground below.
Here is Fairbanks from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks Campus.  Kerri and I went to the campus for a little while on Friday.
We also visited the museum on the campus, which was very nice.  I absolutly loved it.  I could have been there for hours....  I just thought this was awesome that is said Alaska or Bust, and that is what I decided to name my blog.  Very cute!!  I think this was about the gold rush.
Here is the entrance of the museum and me with a HUGE Brown bear behind me...  very very very big brown bear.

This was an awesome totem poll outside the museum.  It looked really cool in the snow.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a totem pole can you bring it back for me. Just kidding kind of. It does look cool. Talk to you later. Love you miss you
Vicki