Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Birthday

25 years ago today, 11/22/1983 at around 1:44 in the afternoon, Ashley Marie Groves entered this world to Terry and Brenda.  With sisters Amber and Lisa.......  WOW

Well I am now celebrating my 25th birthday in Alaska.  I knew this would happen, I just wasn't sure what it would be like.  
So far not too bad.  I was able to celebrate with my students on Thursday and Friday.  So that was a lot of fun.  
All week I have been receiving care packages from family and friends at home.  Which is always great.  I have received GREAT things, that I need and love.  Thank you so much for everyone who has sent package, cards, emails, and phone calls.  It really makes it easier to celebrate my birthday 3000 miles away from home.
Right now I am sitting in my class, which hopefully will only last about 4 hours instead of 7.  
After class, I am going to go home and relax.  I know when I left my house this morning I already had 2 phone calls on my answering machine, so it seems like I will prolly be returning calls.

I also want to thank my sister Amber for her dedication to my birthday on her blog.  She is the best sister I could ask for.  I know she misses me, but just think I will be home on Dec 23rd!!!

Lots of love from Alaska.

6 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

I would like to add that here in Anaktuvuk Pass, it is -17 degrees with a wind chill of -33 degrees.

I am sure this is the coldest it has ever been outside for my birthday.

Just thought I would make you guys feel very warm in IL.

love ya

Amber M said...

You just had to put that last paragraph on there didn't you?! That got me in tears. I was going to try to be all sappy on my blog, but I just couldn't do it.

I do hope you have a great day.

I thought it was chilly here, it might be 40 something, but not as bad as there. Tomorrow it might get to 50 here, it will be like a heat wave.

Anyway, take care. I'll talk to you later. I love you and miss you!!

Miss Ashley said...

Hey sissy,
I am sorry I made you tear up while reading my blog...
Yeah, I was surprised you weren't sappy in your blog. Your blog was a very good blog!!

Wow you are going to have a heat wave if it gets up to 50 degrees.

Hope you have a good weekend, enjoy your time away from work...

I love you and miss you lots.

Sarah D said...

HAPPY HAPPY ASHLEY!!!

I hope you enjoy the day (and weekend)!

It's cold here, but not nearly that cold!!!

Love from Newton, IL

Sarah

sheryl said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! I was thinking about you. I am so glad that you liked your package!! I wasn't sure how long it would take to get to you -- I sent it on the 12th! I am just glad that it made it before your birthday!!

Lots of love,
Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great one. I thought I was freezing today when I went outside. I wouldn't even be able to go outside there. Thanks for making me think it is warmer now.

Love ya see you in a month or so.

Vicki