Friday, February 6, 2009

Upward Bound

Hey everyone,

So, I got great news yesterday...  I received the instructor job I applied for with Upward Bound at OCC this summer.  I am so excited.  I have to be back and ready to start work on the 4th of June.  so I am going to have a tight crunch to end school here, travel home, get situated and start my new position.  

I will only work for 6 weeks, and I have Fridays off.  What else could a person ask for??

It will be so great to work with the group of kids in Upward Bound again.  I just feel so great to work with them and let them know that only 7-8 years ago I sat where they are sitting now.  I was in Upward Bound, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  And now I have finished college and I am living my dream in Alaska.  It is so wonderful.

I hope I can have my role model hat on for them, and lead them in the correct direction.  For those of you that dont know Upward Bound it is a college prep program for high school students.  It is a wonderful program and allows great opportunities for students. 

Lots of Love from Alaska


2 comments:

Amber M said...

I am so happy for you. That is so freakin' awesome!!!

sheryl said...

That is great!! I am so happy for you. What grades will you be working with!! Congrats again! :)