Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend/Monday thoughts....

Well, I had a pretty regular weekend here in Alaska.  Friday night I went to the basketball games, which was pretty cool.  Our teams, both boys and girls are very good players.  We have a good season record.  They won 4 out of 4 games this weekend!!! (Pictures to come later) 

 

Irony of the ball games - compared to games at home...

The basketball teams are made up from 7th-12th graders.  We do have a boys and girls team so that is good.

The opposing team flies in on a plane, and spend Friday night in our school classrooms. 

Before the game starts we say the Pledge of Allegiance, and the opposing team shakes the hands of the Elders at the game.

The referees of the game are parents or siblings of people in town and on the team.

Our school serves the opposing team and our players dinner before the Friday night game, and breakfast Saturday mornings before the game!

 

- That is about all I can think of right now... but its still pretty ironic being at a game up here....

 

Saturday - We (Kerri and I) baked bread... ok well Kerri baked bread... LOL

We also attempted to go to the eskimo dance practice... but we were told practice was at 7:30ish... We left the community hall at 9pm and they still had not started to practice.  So we came home and chilled at the apartment.  Kerri worked on her Beaver hat and I watched a movie and made some picture collages.  

(pictures to come later)

 

Sunday - Attempted taxes on turbo tax, but not yet done.  we have forced housing up here in the village and somewhere on our taxes we are supposed to get an extra deduction for that...  Again, Sunday was pretty uneventful...  we did go for a walk to the lake.  (pictures to come later)  Then went to school to do some school work.  I want to get all finished up before I leave for Anchorage on Friday!

 

Monday - Well another Monday at school - FUN TIMES!!!  still working on finishing up paperwork - before I leave in 4 days!!

After school I called the IRS - to get information on the forced housing on my taxes - as mentioned above... after being on hold and on the phone for over 50 minutes I still found out nothing!!!!!  So we will see when the supervisor calls back to let me know what to do.... we will see if that happens.  While I was on the phone Kerri decided she would like to weight Zoey... it was so funny . (Pictures to come later)

 

Hope you enjoyed reading my blah blah blah about my weekend... I will post pictures at school Tuesday... I just dont have the patience to wait on pictures to download with dial up internet...

 Lots of love from Alaska!!




No comments: