Saturday, April 18, 2009

A TEENAGER!!!

Well, today one of the two loves of my life turns 13 years old.  I never really knew love and caring until I had a niece and nephew. 

My niece Kierstyn becomes a teenager today.  It seems like just yesterday she was entering school, learning to ride her bike and playing with little toys.

But now she is a teenager, she has adult conversations, she emails, takes care of her little cousins and she goes places with friends and without her parents.  It is so great she is growing up to become a wonderful young lady.  But at the same time, it makes me realize how time flies.  

I have missed so much with Kierstyn over the past 8 ½ months I have been in Alaska, but when I am home it is great to spend time with her.  I will never forget the way I felt when I seen her at Christmas, when I had been away for over 4 months.  

I do need to thank her for taking care of my 4wheeler while I have been away…  I know it was a hard job to have an extra 4wheeler around, but she did a great job riding it for me!  :)  She is so lucky to have a wonderful Grandpa who left the 4wheeler with her.  :)  (Not sure if lucky is the right word there or spoiled.. but whatever works.)

 I realize how much she has made me grow up.  I make smarter choices when I have her and Aaron around.  I care about her so much, that I don’t want anything bad to happen to her.  I want to protect her in everyway I can. I know I sound like her parent, but it is just how I feel.  She has great parents, and they are going to have a wonderful teenage daughter. 

It will be so great to be home while Kierstyn is in 8th grade and throughout high school.  I hope I will not miss any more important events!  I will be there if she makes cheerleader to be at her games, I will be there for graduation from 8th grade, I will be there for boy drama, and girlfriend fights… I will be there to help her in anyway I can.  I will also be there to see her change, and make up for the past I have missed out on.


This is a photo I took of the first card and picture Kierstyn sent me after I moved away.  I know how much she has missed me while I have been gone, and I have missed her and Aaron more than I can ever express. 
A wonderful photo of the Turner kids.  They are so cute, and so grown up.  They are best friends when they want to be, but they are brother and sister and have fights like they should!  They remind me so much of me and Amber when we were younger.  :)
Kierstyn and the gang last summer at SPA day!  We had a wonderful time, and I am so glad Kierstyn was there to have fun with us.  Can't wait to do it again this JUNE.
Kierstyn getting her first Pedi.  I think she like it, or I hope she did anyway!   That day she was just one of the girls, it was so great.  That really shows how grown up she is.  :)


This is a photo I cherish the most, as with all of the photos from Amber and Jason's wedding.  Kierstyn looked so grown up on September 9, 2006.  She made a great Junior Brides Maid.  I think she had a great time too.  We had GREAT times that day.  She is so beautiful.

Kierstyn is also in her Uncle Ben's wedding this June!  She will look so grown up and beautiful.  I can not wait to see her in her dress.


Kierstyn I hope you have a great Birthday.  I will see you in JUNE, we will do whatever you want to do!  Then in July we will go to Holiday World.

Thank you Kierstyn for being the Angel in my life.  I love you with all my heart!

Love your Aunt Ashley

2 comments:

Amber M said...

Wow......that is all I can say!!! Of course I have tears. That is so sweet. You outdid mine big time. You have such great, kind, generous things to say about our wonderful niece. She is the best girl ever. I love her so much.


I love all the pictures that you put on there.

Miss Ashley said...

Amber,
Thanks for your comments. It is so easy to express how I feel when I dont get to see her all the time... Those were the best pictures I could come up with!!!

She is the bestest niece we could ever ask for! :)