Sunday, May 3, 2009

WAY TO MUCH STUFF!!!

So, I decided I really need to get totes mailed out tomorrow, since I will be in Illinois in 26 days. 

 I was really hoping to get all of my stuff in 10 totes.  I moved up here in 14 totes.... and I thought I could eliminate a few things, but the ten totes idea is shot out the window.  I already have 10 filled and I am not done packing yet.  I still have to pack up my kitchen, stuff from my classroom and odds and ends...  I don't plan to take much from my kitchen, I have had the same kitchen pots and pans for several years and they were cheap when I got them, so I think when I get back to IL and get settled it will be time for an upgrade!

BOY, why do we accumulate so much stuff.  I try really hard not to be a pack rat, but sometimes it just happens.  I always think oh, I can use this next year, and I had great storage area this year in my apartment, so things just gathered and gathered.  

I am still unsure of future plans.  I know I have my summer job with Upward Bound, and my summer house in Newton.  Past that, I am not sure what I am doing, where I am going, or much of anything.   ALL I KNOW IS I WILL BE WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE FROM MY FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS!!!  At this time that is all that matters to me!

Alaska Update :  The weather had warmed up here for a few days.  We had made it to the dump twice and several short walks here and there.  However, today it decided to cool back off... I guess thats what happens when you live in the Arctic.  

Have a GREAT week.
lots of love from Alaska - 26 more days!!!

No comments: