Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ONLY IN ALASKA

I have come across another First.  School in the village of Anaktuvuk Pass has been cancelled for January 7th due to staff being stuck in Fairbanks.  we are calling it a staff work day.  But in reality it is because 5 our of 11 teachers are in Fairbanks.  
Kerri and I are not alone.  There are also 3 other teachers stuck due to weather and the 5th teacher has a Dr appointment.  

So we are scheduled to have school thursday.  I am not complaining.  I needed the R&R.

Only in Alaska.

lots of love from Alaska.

2 comments:

AJ ~ said...

I just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog. I envy the adventure you're having in Alaska. It's a place that's always been a dream of mine. It's a strange feeling commenting on someone's blog that you don't know, but I enjoy following your posts very much and wanted to share that.

sheryl said...

Ash -- That is so funny! You wouldn't have that in Illinois! Enjoy it! Miss you!