Monday, January 26, 2009

WHAT TO DO??? WHAT TO DO?????

Well... that was the question of the night with Amber and I.  We were chatting online and I was telling her that the special education department for the school district I work for has asked me to let them know ASAP if I will be returning next year.  They will soon be looking for people to take my position if I do not return.

Amber and I have came to a conclusion.  But I am not going to share it with the BLOG world just yet.  I would like to hear from you out there.  I mean.... most you know me, know my family, know where I am from, and know where I am now.  so I would just like to hear from you out there.  If you would please take a moment to let me know your opinion.  It will be read and thought about tons.  Like I said we have a conclusion..... but that could always change.


Thanks in advance for you comments.

 

P.S. Just so you know, there will be a free Alaskan give away from a comment that is randomly chosen.  So leave your comments and have a change to win a free gift from Alaska!

Lots of love from Alaska....

6 comments:

karliejo84 said...

Ashley i know how bad you've wanted this...... and if you LOVE it stay! What is one more year to enjoy something that you worked so hard to have!!!!! You have been given a wonderful chance to go to Alaska and teach! How amazing is that!!!!!! And now a chance at another year!!! But it's all up to you! It's your life and whatever you feel is best for you is what you should do! DO what makes YOU happy!!!!! Love you! and MISS you tons!!!!!

Cheryl said...

What an awesome opportunity! And for them to ASK you to return..even better! Just think how this will look on your resume! If you like it stay. I realize it must be difficult being away from your family...but that's what email, phones, etc. are for!
Congrats!

Lisa said...

Kierstyn says come home.
Aaron says come home.
Lisa says come home stay come home stay. You know what ever you do I am behind you 200%. Love Lisa

sheryl said...

I agree with Karlie and Cheryl! If you love what you are doing, stay! I know it is hard being away from family and friends but you have a strong group of supporters behind you that will always be there for you no matter what you decide! I will be behind 250%! Love & Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Amanda says that your entire family wants you to do what makes you happy. If staying there is what you want then stay there. You already know that you have the job if you want it. Just do what makes you happy. Dont worry about what we all think back home. All we want is for Miss Ashley to be happy in her work and in her life. You love teaching those children you have even said so yourself. Your family will be here waiting for you, were not going to go anywhere. But if you want to come on back home to Illinois we will be happy for you too. You make the decision that is best for you, your career, and your happiness. We all love you back here at home and support you 200%.
Love you! and Miss you bunches.

Anonymous said...

I know your decision is/was a tough one, but your happiness is what matters. Your heart will let you know which is best, stay or come home. A visit home for the summer may be one answer to allow you to go back and teach and love those kids up there. I think a teacher has to love her work and the children to make everyday count for all of you. You as a teacher are a big influence on their lives and your happiness must show that.

Let your answer come from the heart.

You have many people backing you no matter what decision you make--make it wisely.

PS--I know you will

Kathy H