Saturday, January 31, 2009

You dont have to wait any longer...

:) I know a lot of people have been waiting to hear about my decision for next school year.  I wanted to tell certain people first, but I just have not been able to do that.  I am not sure why, but it is easier to share information on my blog then on the phone...


SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................  you dont have to wait any longer....


I will be returning to Alaska next year.  Unless something dramatically changes that is my plan.  I love my job up here and I really love living up here.  Since I have been offered my job for next school year, I will accept the experience again.  I see returning next year (August 2009) as a great opportunity for self growth, experience, financial growth, and life time opportunities. 

I know I will miss my family as much if not more than I have this year, but we have made it 6 months now and so what is another 10 months next year.  I will be home this summer hopefully the 2nd or 3rd of June.  I have applied for a job with Upward Bound at OCC (keep your fingers crossed) this summer, waiting for a word about that job.  I have not really searched other places for a job, or a place to live, but I figure I have 4 months... I have time to figure out the small details later... I do know I will be buying my Taurus back from my Uncle.

Other than that, not much is new in Alaska.  For those of you that have heard, about the volcano about 100 miles south of Anchorage... dont worry about me at this time, I am over 600 miles away from Anchorage... so I am safe.  I just hope it does not affect my travel plans on the 13th of February.  I will keep you updated on that.

And... that winner of the Alaskan prize for commenting on my blog entry about the decision I had to make is.....Cheryl Colwell, Congrats Cheryl, I will get it mailed out to you as soon as I leave the village on the 13th.  Thank you to all who left comments, and sent emails with advice, words of wisdom and concerns...

Lots of love from Alaska  :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your decision! I'm sure it was a tough one, but I think you'll be happy in the long run!
And congrats to me for winning...I NEVER win anything! I'm excited, I'll be patiently waiting by my mailbox! Thanks Again!

sheryl said...

I think you chose the wrong Cheryl!! hehehe Congrats, Cheryl! :)

Ash -- I know it was a tough decision but I believe that you have made the best decision!! I can't wait to see you this summer. You could always stay at my house but it would be on a couch in the basement! It is always free to you!! :)

Love ya & Miss ya!