Saturday, October 25, 2008

I was tagged

I've Been Tagged

Tag...I'm it!!

Amber from My so called Wonderful Life tagged me. Thanks Sissy...


The rules go like this:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post(or as many as you want)
4. If you are tagged, do it and pass the tag along.
5. Enjoy


Here are some random facts about me.........

1. I have really grown and became more independent then I ever thought I would, in the past 2 and a half months (dont get me wrong, I still need my parents, sisters, and family).  I have also met and conquered several fears over the past few months. I mean seriously, I have moved to Alaska by myself.... who ever really thought I would.  I think deep down I and everyone at home, just making a big wish, and having a dream.  But I have accomplished this dream of mine.


2. I get scared about my future at times.  I am 24 almost 25 and still single.  My dream is to have kids, what will happen if I never find true love, that just scares me.  I have really thought about having kids without being married.   As bad as that is, I want kids, and I know one way or another that is possible, but finding true love for me may just not be possible.

3. I absolutely love it in Alaska, but I truly miss my family friends in Illinois.  I also have a huge secret that some people know, but not everyone, and it is killing me to keep it a secret from family and friends....

4. I am thinking I may return to Alaska next school year to teach.  Like I mentioned I truly love it up here, and I have a real home, and some friends.  Also the money is great.  And since I was kind of a wild college student I have debt to pay off, and if I could accomplish that in 2 years and return to Illinois with a good savings, that would be great.  But that is all up in the air, so only time will tell.  It is going to be something I will have to talk about with my family and consider for myself.  I dont like making hard decisions, so I wish I had someone to make this one for me....

5. I have went over 7 weeks without a drop of alcohol.  I think moving to Alaska when I did was the best thing for me and my liver.  I needed to get away from the atmosphere and hangouts I was in.  I also do not miss alcohol, or the parting.  It is nice to wake up every morning and remember what you did the night before, as well as not have a head ache or bad breath....  I know thats just totally random, but I am very proud of myself for that. It was something I was worried about.  When I was in IL and got sick, I had to go 30 days without drinking and I thought I was going to have a fit... but being up here I dont even miss it.

6. I am taking a life-guarding class in Barrow Alaska next month.  Now truly, how many people can say that.  To be at the top of the world, and taking a life-guarding class.  Also... I am no where near skinny, or look nice in a bathing suit, yet, I am going to be a lifeguard... wow... very interesting move for me.  we will see how it turns out.


There you go........some random facts about me!!

I agree with Amber, most of the blogs I look at have been tagged, so I am going to tag a friend of mine up here in Alaska.  Kerri, I take you, so Add this to Northwardbound and show us what you have to share....


Hope you all enjoyed this and I hope I didnt share to much....



Have fun!!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ashley,
Hey hang in there...good things come to those who are patient! Be patient with yourself! You're a great person..you'll find that special someone...it took me a while too, and look what I have now! Just remember to always be yourself. Love your blog..keep it up..I love reading about Alaska!
Cheryl

Sarah D said...

Ashley, what honesty you have written with.

I know it feels like it, but 25 is not old. I REALLY thought I would never meet anyone or for sure NEVER have kids. It happened, it just took a while. Don't give up.

It sounds like Alaska has been good for your soul.

I have to say that I am so glad you are there, I never would have connected with you had you not been.

Keep the faith girl, you're doing so good!

Amber M said...

Yep, I do believe that I may have shed a tear. Your so intellectual these days. That was all very deep. Good stuff!!!