Saturday, October 11, 2008

OCTOBER


WOW, I cant believe its October already.  Here is Alaska we have about 8-10 inches of snow.  It has been snowing for about 2 days now.  It is so beautiful.  I do not have any current pictures of the snow, but I will try to get some soon.  
I am doing great here in Alaska.  I am also happy that I am getting feedback from people who are checking my blog.  That makes me get more motivated to update my blog.  Things are just amazing up here.  I love my job.   I am really getting organized and feeling comfortable in my position.  Which is such a nice feeling.  
Kerri and I have been hanging out a lot, so that is nice.  It really makes the evenings much nicer.  Last night we watched movies and ate popcorn.  Very nice.  We were supposed to go visit Kurt (the cop) but we just stayed in.  
I am not sure what the planes for tonight and tomorrow are, but I am sure I will find something to entertain myself...
I do have a couple pictures I have taken this week.  I will attach them, I hope you like them

Hope all is Well in Illinois.  I miss you all, and love you!





My second grader had his birthday this week.  It was nice there were only 2 out of 6 students there that day, so we just played music, had candy and played games for the last 15  min of class.

Here is my bulletin board I did for the beginning of the year, I will prolly change it soon, just not sure what I will put up.

Zoey, laying on the floor using Kerri's bag as a pillow.  Kerri and I were in my apartment watching movies, and Zoey got bored....
She is SOOOO cute....


Me dressed all warm for a walk to the lake.  YES, I know I dont have gloves on.  I did have gloves on, then I took them off to take pictures, and just didnt put them back on until I put my camera away.  It was a chilly night, but a beautiful night to walk to the lake.  My parka is very warm, and I have my new hunting socks on that Scott gave me.  Which are great, thanks Scott.  My new boots also, which are very warm.  YEY...


OK!!!  So the lake has froze over.  And from my memories I do not ever remember seeing or being on an entire lake frozen over.  We removed some of the snow to show the ice.  It was so amazing.  I was very impressed.  I didnt walk out very far, but I just thought it was amazing.  Zoey ran around on the lake, she had a blast, and slid on the ice several times.  Kerri did a snow angel on the ice, which was amazing.  

1 comment:

Amber M said...

Love all the pics. The kids and Zoey are all so cute. Miss you!!
Love you!!