Saturday, October 4, 2008

more photos

Well since I was kind of bored today, I went out and got some more pictures of the snowy mountains, they are just amazing.
I also wanted to let you know on Thursday, Anaktuvuk Pass was the coldest place in the Nation.  How cool is that... Literally cool, or cold.......  haha, just being funny there.  It was like 8 degrees with a wind chill of -4 I think.  It something like that.  
Today is is just beautiful.  Like 18 degrees and sunny, with no wind.  Kerri and I walked to the fire station, to say hi to the guys... no not really.  She was getting a tracking devise because she went out skiing.  I have some pictures of her, they are amazing.  I also got several pictures of the mountains and the village.
Then I came over to the school to get my salad out of the fridge and some cookie dough.  i am going to make chicken, pasta salad and salad to night for dinner if you want to join it will be around 6:00... So hope on a plane now, and you will only be a day or two late.  haha....
Sorry I am in a goofy mood today.  OH, speaking of goofy, me and my 2nd graders have a joke in our class, since I use the word goofy so much, that I am married to goofy, you know the disney character.. so news for you all, I got married while I was up here, to bad I have never met my  husband...  Just thought I would fill in you on that joke.
Hope everyone in Illinois is doing great, miss you all...
love ya...... enjoy the pictures






How amazing is that mountain?


Kerri and Zoey getting ready to take off for an afternoon ski.... Have fun guys...

My apartment building... and the beautiful mountain behind it.  :)

The mountain just past our school and the airport.  This is what I get to see outside my classroom window everyday, how amazing is that...



2 comments:

Amber M said...

The snow on the mountains is so pretty!!!

RyoJul said...

Alaska seems so beautiful from the pictures you posted. I was just looking through blogs and happened upon yours. Such lovely mountains. I wouldn't survive up there; too cold for me. I'm a California girl myself and it doesn't get that cold here in the valley. Nice pictures.