Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random thoughts from the weekend

Well, I had a pretty good weekend.  Saturday I had my ECE class, which is pretty basic... so I am able to get other things completed while I am sitting in class...  To help you understand this, let me describe my class.  I sit in my school library with the ECE teacher here at AKP.  We have our computers and a telephone.  We call a number and have a teleconference with our professor and the other 5 or 6 teachers who are also taking the class.  Our professor is at her house, talking on her phone.  So she does not see us, only hears us talk when we unmute our phone.  so when I say I am able to get some things completed while I am in class, I literally mean get some things completed.  Last class I did my grocery shopping, which also needs a little explaining.  
I grocery shop over the internet, which I LOVE, because I literally only get what is on my list.  I dont have to walk up and down the hallways looking for items and seeing other items that I buy.  I choice items, pick the brand I want and add it to my cart.  Then I check out, pay with my debit card, and the groceries arrive on the plane in 2 to 3 days.  If they are not cold or frozen items they arrive in the mail in 5-7 days.  It is great!!!  Something I would have never thought of if I was still in Illinois.
So anyway, back to my class...
I am also able to work on the homework that the teacher assigns, or do lesson plans for the follow week in my class.
this past class I was shopping for a swimming suit.  YES, I know I am in alaska, and you are thinking what they heck does she need a swimming suit for.   Well we have a pool at our school.  It is 4 feet deep and has two 25 meter lanes.  It is very nice for a good work out.  And I am going to Barrow in a couple weeks to get trained to be a life guard at our pool.  So since I will be seen by several people and students in my swim suit, I thought it was time to throw out the old and get a new.  
I actually had very good luck shopping online for a suit also.  I just hope it fits and looks have way decent when it arrives.... I will bare your eyes and not post of picture of that... no one really wants to see me in a swimsuit... thank goodness for shorts and t-shirts to wear over it... haha

so.... other than my class, I did a little swimming on Saturday, Kerri and I decided we should prolly train a little and see how well we can swim laps and long distances.  WOW three months without swimming is along time. I was a little rusty, but I was soon doing a couple labs in a row without a break.   JUST let me tell you, it was not as easy as I thought it would be...

Then after swimming just a quiet evening at home....

Sunday was cleaning day, laundry day, lazy day and movies... Then a quick swim and posting time on my blog.... YEY

I hope you all had a great weekend as well.  I know the weather in Illinois is finally turning into Fall weather.  I hope you are all enjoying it.  A couple friends of mine emailed me about a hot dog roast, I told her that was something I miss.  We cant really just sit outside and chat, or have a fire here.  It is a little too chilly for that....  but I guess we make up for it... some how...

It was -6 degrees most of the day today.  On Saturday the wind chill was -30.  Now that firetruckin cold........

No comments: